The Settings menu inside your blog dashboard is where you configure how your blog works.
Here is a quick overview of the main Settings sub menus:
- General Settings - Where you configure the broad settings of your blog including your blog title, blog tagline, blog admin email address, how you want date and time displayed and your timezone.
- Writing Settings - Controls your writing experience.
- Reading Settings - Controls how your blog displays to visitors, your RSS feed options and your blog privacy options.
- Discussion Settings - Determines how comments are handled on your posts and pages.
- Media Settings - Controls how your media is displayed.
- Blog Avatar Settings - Where you upload your blog avatar which is displayed in your sidebar when you add the Blog Avatar and on Edublogs Campus sites in the Blog Directory and Blog Listing.
- Google Analytics Settings - Where you can add Google Analytics tracking code for advanced tracking of your blog stats. Only visible on Edublogs Pro, Edublogs Campus and student blogs attached to My Class.
Plugins such as Jetpack, AddThis Social Share, Printfriendly also add a menu item under settings when they are activated. You use these plugin settings page to set up or control how the plugin works.